Friday 4 November 2011

Do We Need The Media

Entertainment and diversion- I watch eastenders as entertainment and diversion because it makes me realise how lucky I am and how much more complicated my life could be. I also watch various films as entertainment and diversion because it is an interesting way to kill time and relax.
Surveillance and information- Again, I watch eastenders for surveillance and information, and also use the internet for social networking, such as twitter and facebook to find out about other people and to satisfy curiousity and acquire new knowledge of events, birthdays or what people are up too. Newspapers and magazines such as heat and the EDP are also ways I find out about the world and what is going on in the world.
Personal relationships- I use the internet for social networking on websites such as twitter and facebook to speak to my friends, and keep in touch with people who I don't often see. This enhances my relationships with other people by being able to add another point of contact. X-factor is another example of this as I feel I have to watch it and find out how particular contestants are getting on in the competition
Personal identity- I use again, social networking to help reinforce my values and beliefs through status' and the photos I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment